We’re always on the look-out for like-minded individuals who carry the same hardworking ethos that is at the core of everything we do at BIU.
We bring in staff that share our values, whose performance is among the top 10% in the industry. New recruits are given the best tools and working environment, enabling them to achieve their full potential.
Learning and development is integral. Staff are supported with first class external training and internal expertise for in-house training and apprenticeships – broadening awareness in different departments and building skill sets enabling progression.
Staff have monthly performance reviews and a Professional Development Portfolio. Benefits include private health care, annual appraisals, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and subsidised massages.
As well as energy and utility consultants, we’ve got an extensive non-production team with expertise ranging from HR and IT through to administration, sales and marketing.
Take a look through our current vacancies below and get in touch if you think you could add something to the team:
We are looking for a talented and motivated Energy Administrator to join our growing company and be a key driver of BIU’s continued success as one of the UK’s leading Energy Consultancies.
The role will involve dedicated, administrative support to the Energy Consultancy Team, including database and spreadsheet maintenance, reports production, processing disconnection notices, liaising with suppliers & clients, supporting with invoice validation, data entry and general administration as required.
We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn about the energy industry, can pick up new skills quickly, is highly numerate, good with people and has exceptional attention to detail.
- Maths & English GCSEs grade C/ level 5 or above
- Previous data entry experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com
In return for you being a talented Energy Administrator, BIU will provide you with a great team environment and a workday that is challenging and rewarding. We always want to work with talented individuals who share our energy and passion in making BIU a successful and enjoyable place to be. If you are the best at what you do, want to work with great people and most of all challenge yourself, come and join us. In return for your greatness, we’ll look after the whole you. From monthly 121s with your manager, private healthcare, wellbeing massages, subsidised gym membership, flexible working hours and the best Friday breakfast in the North West, we’ll make sure it’s a fair deal.
Data Entry Assistant / Receptionist
Salary: £16,803 excellent benefits
The position: full-time Monday – Friday
Closing Date: 31st December 2018
The company now have an opportunity for an excellent individual to join us in the position of Data Entry Assistant / Receptionist
Data Entry Job Purpose:
Transfer complex data into a systems database for accurate documentation and record-keeping
Follow procedure to enter account information from invoices in a timely and efficient manner
Receptionist Job Purpose:
To have an ear to the ground and be aware of everything that’s going in the company, from knowing which important meetings will be taking place to co-ordinating deliveries. Often the first person that employees and potential clients see, so maintain a well-groomed appearance whilst remaining calm, courteous and professional at all times.
The ideal candidate will be extremely professional, presentable and approachable.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Skilled Typist
- Ability to Prioritise Projects
- Ability to Work on Deadlines
- Attention to Detail
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to Work on a Team
- Critical Thinker & Problem-Solver
- Good Math Skills
- Enjoy Working with Computers
- Highly Organised
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Maths & English GCSEs
- Previous data entry experience
- Customer Service experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
To apply, please forward your CV by Monday 31st December 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Business Development Manager – FIELD BASED
- Salary £45K + Car Allowance
- With 1st Year OTE £75K with uncapped commission (paid monthly)
- + Benefits
BiU is the UK’s leading utilities and energy consultancy, providing energy services to some of the world’s largest organisations.
We currently have an opportunity for a talented Business Development Manager to join our dynamic Sales & Marketing team.
You’ll be expected to present BIU’s complete range of Energy Consultancy Services to large, commercial energy users at FD level and have proven experience of achieving sales targets and KPIs in a previous role. Along with managing a pipeline of opportunities, you’ll be accountable for driving your own lead as well as converting leads generated by our telesales team.
You will be self motivated & target driven with a professional and consultative approach to sales. Excellent communication & presentation skills are essential combined with a strong commercial awareness.
A full, driving licence is required and national travel is part of the role. Proven sales success within the energy industry, preferably gained within a consultancy would be a distinct advantage. Most importantly, the successful candidate will come with a portfolio of existing relationships in the I&C space.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and successful company and become part of the team to drive BIU’s development into the next phase of growth.
If you have the desire to succeed within a successful business this is the opportunity to become part of our dynamic and expanding team of highly experienced energy and utility consultants. Their expertise combined with our unrivalled software allows BIU to develop and manage successful energy strategies for an impressive portfolio of clients.
This role is home based and requires good connections in order to comfortably cover the south of the UK.
In return for you being a talented BDM, BIU will provide you with a great team environment and a workday that is challenging and rewarding. We always want to work with talented individuals who share our energy and passion in making BIU a successful and enjoyable place to be. If you are the best at what you do, want to work with great people and most of all challenge yourself, then come and join us. In return for your greatness, we’ll look after you. From monthly 121s with your manager, private healthcare, wellbeing massages, subsidised gym membership, flexible working hours and the best Friday breakfast in the North West, we’ll make sure it’s a fair deal.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We are looking for a talented and motivated Energy Risk Manager/Trader to join BIU’s Energy Procurement Team and become a key player in BIU’s trading success.
- BIU – Lytham St. Annes, Lancashire, North West England
- Complete package earnings between £35,000 and £60,000, dependent on experience
- Excellent benefits package
If you have at least two years’ experience of trading within the Energy industry and want to work for the North West’s leading Energy Consultancy then this role is for you.
We are looking for someone with exposure to managing flexible energy purchasing supply contracts, with extensive energy market knowledge and good technical knowledge on all aspects of energy trading. You will be able to monitor real time energy markets, and make trading recommendations based on both fundamental and technical analysis to our customers, whilst providing an outstanding customer service to BIU’s extensive energy procurement portfolio.
Being analytical and highly numerate goes without saying for this role; you will have strong quantitative skills, be able to develop your own thoughtful opinions and have an exceptional ability to communicate with BIU’s customers. Along with your confidence and gravitas to build and maintain relationships with BIU’s biggest clients, we’d expect you to be able to influence those around you, be analytical, innovative and have exceptional attention to detail.
Responsibilities and Duties of a Risk Manager
- Management of energy procurement contracts, agreeing purchasing strategies with the customer, exposure monitoring and the conducting of trades on behalf of BIU’s customers
- Create and deliver accurate, timely energy market intelligence and client position reports to internal & external stakeholders, which discuss the energy markets in detail and explain confidently what drivers are influencing wholesale energy prices
- Have a focus on both short term and longer-term trading for best possible client management.
- Ensuring all KPIs are exceeded
- Liaison with internal BIU departments, ensuring an outstanding customer experience is provided at all times
- Manage client relationships strategically to assist in developing and or delivering additional BIU consultancy services
- Supporting Field Sales where required, including attending Procurement sales visits
- Building and maintaining relationships with the clients including holding face to face client meetings
- Conducting flex tenders
- Deal with any escalated customer or supplier queries for your customers, and foster excellent supplier relations
- Carry out ad hoc projects and analysis where necessary
Qualifications and Skills for an Energy Procurement Analyst
- Extensive energy market knowledge gained by working within a similar role at an energy consultancy, or exposure to trading commodities, especially electricity and gas.
- An understanding of wholesale energy markets including supply/demand dynamics and price drivers
- Able to provide advice to customers based on their bespoke energy purchasing strategy.
- Able to price all types of contracts, including ‘pass through’ and flex
- Sound computer skills including Reuters, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Highly analytical, with strong numerical ability and attention to detail to be able to conduct analysis on large data sets
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to write reports and also able to persuade and negotiate with customers and suppliers
- Ability to network and build relationships both externally and internally with BIU.
- Ability to manage meetings and present to customers and colleagues
- PPA (Power Purchase Agreement), European Procurement or Public-sector Procurement would be advantageous.
Working at BIU
In return for being a talented Energy Trader, BIU will provide you with a great team environment and a workday that is challenging and rewarding. We like to work with talented individuals who share our energy and passion in making BIU a successful and enjoyable place to be. So if you are the best at what you do, want to work with great people and most of all challenge yourself, come and join us.
BIU values its people and for your commitment and enthusiasm, we’ll make sure it’s a fair deal. Benefits include monthly 121s with your manager, flexible working hours, private healthcare, subsidised gym membership, a voucher on your birthday with a day off, not to mention the best Friday breakfast in the North West along with pizza and wine to round the week off. If that’s not enough, we’ll send you and your partner on an all-expenses paid holiday to Europe on your 5th anniversary, and a trip to the USA on your 10th anniversary.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Please send your CV and cover letter to Victoria@biu.com
BIU is committed to ensuring that any data you provide to us is processed, stored and disposed of with due care and attention. By submitting your CV to us, you consent to us collecting and processing personal data supplied by you in order for us to assess your suitability for employment with us. We will keep your details on record for six months, at which point they will be deleted. In the event of you seeing another job vacancy which you would like to apply for, please re submit your CV. If at any point after submitting your CV, you would like to withdraw your details, please email Victoria directly on Victoria@biu.com and they will be removed. We promise never to share your details with a third party and you can be confident that your information is being used for our purposes only.