£28,570 per annum plus excellent benefits
Location: Lytham St Anne’s
Required experience: Energy procurement – 1 year.
Location: Lytham St Annes.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Energy Procurement Analyst to join our growing company and be a key driver of BIU’s energy trading success.
The Energy Procurement Analyst will be situated in a high-pressure environment on a trading floor, to join a leading energy consultancy based in the North West of England. The successful Energy Procurement Analyst will be monitoring real time energy market information and trading screen prices, and hedging power contracts for BIU’s customers.
You will have had exposure to managing flexible energy purchasing supply contracts and be able to provide outstanding customer service to BIU’s extensive portfolio. Due to your knowledge and understanding of the energy markets and new legislation, you will be viewed as an expert on energy trading within BIU and be expected to use this knowledge to influence, give insight and inform other team members and departments to add value to the wider offering of BIU’s consultancy services.
Being analytical and highly numerate goes without saying; you will have strong quantitative skills, be able to develop your own thoughtful opinions and have an exceptional ability to communicate your findings to an audience, verbally and written.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Management of energy procurement contracts, agreeing purchasing strategies, exposure monitoring and the conducting of trades on behalf of BIU’s customers.
- Able to discuss the energy markets in detail and explain confidently what drivers are influencing wholesale energy prices.
- Create and deliver accurate and informative client reports, in line with contractual SLAs.
- Manage client relationships strategically to assist in developing and delivering additional BIU consultancy services.
- Assist with the development and improvement of BIU’s process, outputs and service delivery within the Energy Procurement Team.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including customers and suppliers.
- Provide support to the sales team where requested including attending sales visits and assisting with RFIs.
- Deal with any escalated customer or supplier queries.
- Carry out ad hoc projects and analysis where necessary.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Extensive energy market knowledge gained by working within a similar role at an energy consultancy, or exposure to trading commodities, especially electricity and gas.
- An understanding of wholesale energy markets including supply/demand dynamics and price drivers.
- Able to provide advice to customers based on their bespoke energy purchasing strategy.
- Able to price all types of contracts, including ‘pass through’ and flex.
- Sound computer skills including Reuters, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Highly analytical, with strong numerical ability and attention to detail to be able to conduct analysis on large data sets.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to write reports and also able to persuade and negotiate with customers and suppliers.
- Ability to network and build relationships both externally and internally with BIU.
- Ability to manage meetings and present to customers and colleagues
- PPA (Power Purchase Agreement), European Procurement or Public-sector Procurement would be advantageous.
In return for your talent, BIU will provide you with a great team environment and a workday that is challenging and rewarding. Our managers hold monthly 1-2-1 meetings with their teams to help them to succeed and support them in learning and developing. We offer a flexi time scheme, company pension, childcare vouchers, subsidised gym membership, private healthcare, cycle to work scheme and breakfast on Mondays and Fridays.
To apply, please send your covering letter and CV firstname.lastname@example.org