CRC is a mandatory reporting scheme over seen by the Environment Agency. All businesses with an energy usage greater than 6000Mwh through Half Hourly and AMR Meters, needed to register for Phase 1 of the scheme in 2010.
(Phase 1 – 1st April 2010 – 31st March 2014)
(Phase 2 – 1st April 2014 – 31st March 2019)
Phase 1 is now in its final reporting year and Phase 2 is about to commence, which will run until 2019.
Significant changes have been made in the scheme since its introduction.
• Phase 2 only complies with businesses with usage of greater than 6000Mwh through Half Hourly Meters with 00 profile.
• Phase 2 allowances can be prepaid using forecast emissions at a lower cost (£15.60) than payment following report submission (£16.40)
• In Phase 2 you are not required to submit a footprint report, as businesses are now required to report on 100% of emissions opposed to the 90% optimised emissions, required in Phase 1. This has been altered in a bid to simplify the scheme
Important Dates –
• If you have ordered pre-payment allowances for Phase 2, these must be paid for between 2nd and 20th June
• If you have been a participant in Phase 1 you must order your buy to comply your allowances between 2nd June and 31st July – Submit Reporting
• If you have been a participant in Phase 1 you must pay for your buy to comply your allowances between 1st and 19th September
• If you have been a participant in Phase 1 you must Surrender your allowances after payment by the last working day in October