This is a great opportunity for a fully qualified electrician who would like to expand their skills into Energy Management and combine their previous experience with new training to become a BIU Energy Engineer.
No previous experience in energy management is required, but a genuine interest to learn is vital.
BIU is one of the UK's leading energy consultancies. Our field-based BIU Energy Engineers (BEEs) visit our client’s sites to identify and implement energy-saving opportunities.
A City & Guilds or equivalent electrical qualification is the minimum requirement. All applicants must be capable of testing completed works. A background in HVAC or BEMS would be an advantage but is not essential.
Ideally located around the midlands area, you will be trained to improve energy efficiency at sites including pubs, offices, stores and possibly manufacturing sites. Good communication is vital, as is a full UK driving licence.
The role of a BIU Energy Engineer:
- Field based, visiting and working at our customer’s sites.
- Home based, when collating the details of surveys/audits.
- Identifying and implementing energy efficiency projects (emphasis on implementing). Suggesting improvements to existing sites and identifying damaged/under-performing technology on sites.
- Building our customer asset libraries – listing equipment, identifying energy meters (electricity, gas and water). Gaining access to electrical distribution boards to understand wiring and the existing infrastructure.
- Specifying new and replacement equipment that will improve energy consumption and delivering or supervising installations where appropriate.
- Analysing the BIU customer data systems to identify areas of wasted energy, energy alarms and profiling (Half Hourly Data monitoring and Energy Alarms).
- Working closely with the project managers, account managers and analysts to help provide justification for the BIU share of savings on projects implemented.
- TaaS – training site managers (our customers) during site audits/visits to ensure best practice energy efficiency.
- Delivering site audits/surveys as arranged through the business teams.
A BIU Energy Manager van and energy management equipment will be supplied.
BIU offer a great team environment and a workday that is challenging and rewarding. We want to work with talented individuals who share our energy and passion. If you are competent, confident, want to work with great people and to challenge yourself, then come and join us.
In return, we'll look after you: from private healthcare, wellbeing massages, subsidised gym membership, flexible working hours and performance bonuses.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In return for your talent, BIU will provide you with a great team environment and a work day that is challenging and rewarding. Our managers hold monthly 121 meetings with their teams to help them to succeed and support them in learning and developing. We offer a flexi time scheme, company pension, subsidised gym membership, private healthcare, cycle to work scheme and breakfast on Mondays and Fridays. At BiU we are Bold, Responsible and Imaginative... if this is you, come and join us #BeTogether #OneBiu