BiU is one of the UK’s Top 10 consultants to work for 2021, and the UK's leading energy consultancy providing energy services to some of the world's largest organisations. BiU is proud to optimise energy sustainably, reduce carbon effectively and save our clients operational costs. We create meaningful value through collaboration, and our #OneBiU culture keep us steadfast in our approach to people, the planet and profit.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Software Developer to join our growing company and be a key driver of BiU’s success. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and successful company and become part of the team to drive BiU’s development into the next phase of growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team of developers within the UK’s leading energy consultancy. The role will involve supporting and integrating a range of existing systems but with key emphasis placed on the development of innovative, web-based/mobile applications aimed at managing and reporting on energy information for thousands of customer supplies.
- Following the business’s requirements participate in the design, specification and development of new programs and applications, ensuring code quality, accuracy and the correct business solution has been developed within the required timescale.
- Assisting with the planning of development projects
- Maintaining and developing existing BIU programmes.
- Participate in the testing of programmes.
- Respond to feedback from system users.
- The successful candidate will have
- Minimum 5 year’s experience .NET MVC development, C# & jQuery.
- Experience of test driven development within an Agile environment including involvement in estimation, planning and code review.
- The ideal candidate will also have experience of mobile application development and Java.
An experienced Team Leader from within the energy industry with a proven background in analysis, reporting, client management and successful people management.
Highly professional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate analytical findings and solutions knowledgeably and credibly.
A team player who always acts with integrity and respect, working with other internal teams to ensure key activity is completed to allow an effective analysis and reporting service to be carried out.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com
In return for your talent, BiU will provide you with a great team environment, and responsibilities which are challenging and rewarding. Our managers hold monthly 1-2-1 meetings with their teams to help them to succeed and support them in learning and developing.
We offer a flexible working scheme, company pension, subsidised gym membership, physiotherapy treatment, private healthcare, cycle to work scheme and if you’re office based, breakfast on Mondays and Fridays.
BiU is a certified Investors in People Silver business, as well as one of the UK’s Best Top 100 Companies to Work For, 2020 and 2021.
Find out more about what makes BiU, by watching our video: https://youtu.be/_uJscZjz_Xc
We’re an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.