We are already in Phase 2 of the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS), so eligible businesses can begin carrying out energy audits now.
How can BIU help?
ESOS (The Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme) has been set up by the UK Government (DECC) in response to an EU requirement to implement Article 8 of the Energy Efficiency Directive (Directive 2012/27/EU of the European Parliament). It is important to recognise if you are affected by ESOS as it is a mandatory requirement for all those it applies to. The ESOS legislation will apply to your business if you:
- Are a private sector organisation with more than 250 employees OR
- Have a turnover of at least €50m – £38,937,777
- Have a balance sheet of €43m – £33,486,489
BIU can help you meet compliance, which requires businesses to:
- Measure total energy consumption (including transport) of the business
- Conduct Energy Audits at sites and determine cost effective energy reduction recommendations
- Report compliance to the Environment Agency every four years
- Please note: DECC advises that ESOS will require director level sign-off
What can it do for you?
BIU’s team of Fully Accredited ESOS Lead Assessors can support you through every step of your ESOS journey, including:
- An initial consultation to determine your specific requirements for ESOS, including any exemptions
- Multi-site analysis to determine how many sites need to be audited
- Review of current energy information which could be relevant and contribute to ESOS
- Identify the scope of surveys required to meet legislation
- ESOS reporting along with recommendations on implementing energy saving measures
- Help and support with compliance and report submission
- Identify energy saving opportunities to reduce and optimise energy consumption across your portfolio