BiU is one of the UK’s Top 10 consultants to work for 2021, and the UK's leading energy consultancy providing energy services to some of the world's largest organisations. BiU is proud to optimise energy sustainably, reduce carbon effectively and save our clients operational costs. We create meaningful value through collaboration, and our #OneBiU culture keep us steadfast in our approach to people, the planet and profit.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Energy Validation Analyst to join our growing company and be a key driver of BiU’s success. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and successful company and become part of the team to drive BiU’s development into the next phase of growth.
This role involves working on BiU customers portfolios, providing detailed insight and analysis on BiU clients energy estate, usage and spend. Developing and maintaining a strong client relationship is imperative, you will be focusing on building and using your local knowledge of the clients estate, along with your analytical skills to work alongside your client and other BiU personnel in delivering a best in utilities service, that supports your clients in both their Net Zero and sustainability journey.
- Understand the deliverables of the BiU contractual obligation to the client
- Work with the client to fully understand their energy portfolio; sites, supplies, expected energy consumptions, VAT/CCL discounts, and exemptions
- Analysis of data completeness on both invoice and HHD, and working with internal teams in order to fill any gaps in data
- Carryout validations inline with ISO process maps and work instructions
- Carryout all client reporting inline with ISO process maps and work instructions. Analyse and investigate any exceptions before delivering reports, to ensure data is accurate and complete.
- Ensuring that all reporting is accompanied with detailed insight; pinpointing valid exceptions, large consumption variances, actions for the client to complete, top large value invalids and so on
- Attend client review meetings and calls organised by the strategic account manager. Covering topics including but not limited to;
- Portfolio changes, outstanding COTs, site status queries
- Meter read requests
- Query Report; including next actions with the client, top ten values, top ten oldest queries
- UEU report; Number of invoices & value validated, savings, misc. batches, pending registrations and notices
- Cost and consumption reports; gaps in data, exceptions on consumptions, discussing any potential reasons behind consumption variances such as additional equipment being installed, or longer/shorter opening hours.
- Industry information: highlight any up-and-coming industry changes and how it might impact the client
Excellent analytical and numerical experience within an analyst role, energy preferable however analysis experience within other services including research and finance with recognised transferable skills.
Highly professional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and articulate analysis findings and solutions knowledgeably and credibly.
Inquisitive mindset, with a strong desire to understand the energy industry and the impact this has on BiU clients.
A team player who always acts with integrity and respect, working with other internal teams to ensure key activity is completed to allow an effective and valuable analysis to be carried out.
A conscientious approach to maintaining strong working relationships with clients, suppliers, and all BiU internal teams.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com
In return for your talent, BiU will provide you with a great team environment, and responsibilities which are challenging and rewarding. Our managers hold monthly 1-2-1 meetings with their teams to help them to succeed and support them in learning and developing.
We offer a flexible working scheme, company pension, subsidised gym membership, physiotherapy treatment, private healthcare, cycle to work scheme and if you’re office based, breakfast on Mondays and Fridays.
BiU is a certified Investors in People Silver business, as well as one of the UK’s Best Top 100 Companies to Work For, 2020 and 2021.
Find out more about what makes BiU, by watching our video: https://youtu.be/_uJscZjz_Xc
How do we look after our team?
We’re an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.